Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's February! Let's keep going


Well, I know for a fact I lost some weight and a little around my mid-section with the help of my friends here at TwitterPTChallenge, but it wasn't enough.

I'm an Air Force Reservist and we're required to maintain the same physical fitness standards as our Active Duty counterparts.  The standards are measured by taping your waist, running a 1.5 mile run, crunches, and push-ups.  Well, I was 1 inch over where I need to be for my waist.  Big deal, right?  Well it meant I had to run my 1.5 mile run in 12:30 vs 15:30 minutes.  That is HUGE difference.  I simply could not physically run that fast!

Even if I had passed the test, I would want to continue this effort.  I'm pretty confident I can shed one more inch in the next 8 weeks.  So, let's get back to work and go beyond making this a New Year's resolution. 
 
I do need some help with this though - drop me an e-mail at dan dot mosqueda at gmail dot com if you want to participate as an author on this site.

Leave your workout results in the comment section.

3 comments:

dcm said...

Yesterday's workout:

3 mile run
Lat Pulldowns
Bicep Curls
Chest Press

dcm said...

Today's Workout - 7 Feb 08
Leg Press
Leg curl
Leg Extension
Standing calf raises

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, have you looked at http://gtftr.com ... neat way to track your stats via Twitter and get some graphs