Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Last Day of the Month

Can you believe it's January 31st? We got through the month!! And not only did we get through it, but speaking for myself - I'm on a roll. Working out is no longer this special thing that I'd have to force myself to do every now and then. 25-Days after I first issued this Twitter Fitness Challenge, my attitude has completely flip flopped. Now working out is ingrained in my daily habits. It's not that I work out every day, but I do try to work out most days. Then when I take a rest day, it's not because that's the normal thing to do. It's the exception.

Where to go from here...? Forward. I plan on keeping this up. It feels amazing. I'm noticing significant results that I only want to keep improving. As for this blog, to be honest - I just don't think I can continue to make blogging about my workout progress a priority. This challenge, for me, was about kick-starting a new fitness regime. I've done that. You all helped immensely. I want to thank each and every one of you for just being there and participating and helping me to feel accountable. I'm proud of us all.

After this morning's workout on the treadmill, I only have one more workout until I reach my 25-workout goal. That one workout is going to be knocked off my list with a beautiful video yoga class tonight. Then I'll gladly be patting myself on my back. How are you doing? Please post your thoughts, progress, and accomplishments in the comments section below. Rock on!!! ;)

2 comments:

Suki Fuller said...

I have been really bad with posting my workout, mainly because I have been working out more argh the irony.

I am back running again. Been running every day since Jan 21,2008 2 miles is my min distance. I feel great and I am losing weight. I am keeping my hard copy log.

Let's keep rocking...

GoOrange said...

Wednesday, 20 of 25
Weights - the usual lower body workout, doing 3 sets of 15 reps. Was getting quite winded at the end of every set. Total time: 1.5 hours.

Thursday, 21 of 25
Weights - upper body workout. 1.5 hours.

The month is not over, I got 21 workouts in, mostly weightlifting. I would have liked to have done more of the other activities like yoga or hiking, but still I think I did an excellent job of staying fit this month.

Congratulations to everyone else for making an excellent effort to stay active. Hopefully we can keep these changes going through the rest of the year and beyond!