Thursday, January 24, 2008

Doubling-Up (when I can) to Reach My Goal

It's January 24th. As of today, there are only 8 days left to the original 25-day Twitter Fitness Challenge.

I'm an optimistic goal setter. Short, medium, and long term goals. That's how I plan how I'm going to try and steer my life. Back when this fitness challenge first launched, I figured if I really pushed myself I could manage to workout 25 days out of 29. Tough, but doable. Then life sank in to the point where I'm now changing how I'm interpreting this challenge. Instead of working out 25 days, I'm going for 25 workouts. That's still pretty damn good.

With 8 days left to accomplish my new goal, reaching my new goal is possible. Nine more workouts to go. Yoga in the morning. Running in the evening. If I do that often enough, I can still pat myself on my back later and maybe still take a day or two break.

This is what the Twitter fitness challenge has become for me. From now on, I'm going to set this same goal for myself at the beginning of every month. How are you guys holding on? Will you?

3 comments:

GoOrange said...

Wednesday's workout - 16 of 25

Weights: Incline bench press, bent over rows, shoulder press, pullups, close grip bench press and leg raises.

With only eight days to go it's not looking promising to get in 25 days of workouts. If I double up a day or two, I can get in 25 workouts, as Sonya suggested.

Getting to the gym to lift weights isn't a problem. The challenge for me is getting out for a hike, doing some cardio, or doing some dedicated yoga/stretching. You'd think these would be the easiest to do because they can all be done from home, but for me they are proving the hardest.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke (Geokitten78) said...

Today's workout (18 of 25):

40 min walk/run on the treadmill (2.6 miles)

I am definitely setting the same goal for myself from here on out. This challenge has made me get up and get moving, and I want to keep up with it!

Thanks to all of you guys for keeping me going!