Friday, January 11, 2008

Checking In With Your Goals

The Twitter Fitness Challenge is almost half way over. When I originally put this challenge out on Twitter, my goal was to kick start a new fitness regime for myself. I needed to make myself accountable in a public way in order to institute a mental shift in my own attitude about exercise.

Before I issued the challenge, exercise was a chore I made myself do a couple / few times a week. Now, I'm glad to say, exercise is slowly becoming something else - part of my daily life. That was my goal for all sorts of reasons - health, superficial reasons, and my drive to become the best I can be on many levels. Despite the constant challenges that keeps throwing life curve balls in my way, I am reaching my goal for this Twitter Fitness Challenge.

How are you doing? Are you happy with your progress so far?

7 comments:

GoOrange said...

Didn't get a workout in yesterday and am a little disappointed. I'm pretty good about getting in my 4 weightlifting sessions a week, but filling in the other days is a bit problematic. One day I went for a long hike and another I did some TV Yoga. I need to keep active on the "off days".

GoOrange said...

Day 9 of 25

Weights: Squats, snatch grip deadlift, back extensions, Bulgarian split squats, calf presses and crunches.

I could hardly walk afterward, but it felt good.

Suki Fuller said...

Had a rest day yesterday, went to the doc & he said I had lost 5lbs since I last visit in Dec 07 before holidays.

Checking in with my goals, I am stoked...5lbs & my knee is healing nicely!!!

Today = 6 lengths swimming
1 hour Mat Pilates class

Erica Ortiz said...

I joined you late for the PT challenge, but week one was pretty good. Only skipped Thursday, due to extreme muscle fatigue. Yesterday, I went in for my custom workout evaluation, and today hada great Body Pump class. Feeling more and more energized the more I work at it!

Ann said...

I have been sick all week and that sort of crushed my daily progress. I did take a walk tonight for an hour--I'm still coughing from being out in the cold but the walk felt great!

Wicked Stepmom said...

I lost my groove over the weekend. Fell back into old habits and lost some of that drive I had last week.

I was happy with my progress, and am trying to focus on the positive side which is that I did a consistent FIVE days of cardio before I stumbled.

YAY me! And now it's Monday. A new week, and a new chance to start again.

Unknown said...

I have been so bad about posting my progress, but rest assured I have done something - walk, pilates, crunches - something everyday except the 11th & 12th -- way too sick
Just making my mind remember how good my body feels after a workout - using that to keep me going.
Now that I am over this cold/virus I will get serious again. I am determined.