Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Workout

Take a look at Body For Life's Weight lifting method - it is very efficient and effective. From http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp with more details on the actual exercises. Post today's PT in the comments section.

  • Weight train intensely, three times per week on alternating days with aerobic exercise three times per week. Make sure to hit your "high points" during your workout.
  • Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body.
  • Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body.
  • Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise.
  • For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final two sets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group, complete this pattern five times for the upper body training experience and four times for the lower body training experience.
  • Always plan your training before hand.
  • Record all your weightlifting exercised in a journal indicating the exercise selected and weight lifted.

4 comments:

Sonya Buyting said...

Just did an hour long video Yoga podcast that I discovered through @melissamaples on Twitter. Yoga Today. Every day there's a different hour long Ashtanga yoga class. @phillymac also had a suggestion for another shorter yoga class video podcast - YOGAmazing. That's a really tough half-hour Ashtanga class.

With today's workout, that brings me down to 17 more workouts to accomplish before the month ends. Happy Sunday everybody!!

Anonymous said...

I am not really doing the Twitter PT Challenge because I had already decided on my resolution approach before it came out. And I'm doing comparatively little exercise relative to the rest of you twits, but in a way that helps me truly build it in to my routine

Little Steps to Big Change
http://randomacts.devbear.com/post/23595044

And how I'm doing so far
http://randomacts.devbear.com/post/23679219

Tracy Lee said...

Skiing for 9:30 until 4:30 with a break for lunch otherwise it was go, go, go...

Love it! Great leg workout.

Suki Fuller said...

So, I am posting today as I decided (hard as it was) to take a break from my computer this weekend. I ended up having a great weekend of "me" time...and had a great 5 mile run in Central Park.