Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wicked Wednesday: Double, Double Toil & Trouble!

Fire Fat burn and cauldron bubble!

On this, the last week of the Twitter PT Challenge, I thought I would share my recipe for staying motivated these last weeks and how I plan to continue beyond January...

Realistic goals. I can't compete with rock stars like @AnnOhio and her "Near Death Aerobics" ('cuz that *would* kill me!). I only have to compete with myself. Do better than I did yesterday, or last week.

+

Make better lifestyle choices. That includes drinking plenty of water, adding Green tea (I am replacing at least one cup of coffee w/ green tea) and not eating 2-3 hours before going to bed. Also eating BREAKFAST w/in 1 hour of waking up to jump start my metabolism.

My favorite breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (banana, lowfat milk, p'nut butter and a drizzle of choc syrup or ovaltine. Fills me up and give me energy for my day and/or workout!)

+

Staying motivated! I just found a Kick Ass playlist for my ipod that really gets me going. It's called SkinnySongs - and it's an album put together by a business woman and entrepreneur who was looking for a set of songs to motivate her. With song titles like "The Incredible Shrinking Woman," "Skinny Jeans," and "Who the Hell is That?" she's got me motivated to keep on going! From Amazon.com:

"If you've decided to lose weight and get in shape -- and if you've ever sung along to a song at the top of your lungs because it really meant something to you-- then SkinnySongs is for you. I came up with the idea for SkinnySongs because I wanted great music to keep me motivated about losing weight and getting in shape -- and I couldn't find any. I wanted fun but empowering music, something like Pink's 18 Wheeler or Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats, but I wanted the lyrics to be about taking charge of my life and getting in the shape I knew I could be. And I didn't want preachy or corny music -- I wanted first-class, radio-hit-quality music to enjoy while walking, hiking, working out, driving -- yeah, even while just sitting around if that's when I needed to hear it. One little problem -- I'm not a musician. But the idea was so compelling that I convinced superb music producers David Malloy and George Daly, and fabulous emerging artists such as Tania Hancheroff, Kaleo Futuristo, Larkin Gayl, Susan Ashton and Rachelle Byrne to work with me to turn the idea into reality. SkinnySongs is the result-- Enjoy! -- Heidi Roizen, lyricist and founder of SkinnySongs."

So what about you? What's on your ipod playlist? What's your recipe for success?

Share your thoughts and post your day's PT in the comments section.

2 comments:

dcm said...

Ok, so I had a short but very good workout today - I can still feel it hours later.

Workout
Run
Lat pulldowns
Tricep Press

And I've dropped about 7 pounds in the last couple of weeks!

Brooke (Geokitten78) said...

Cross training is supposed to be good to keep you from injury, so I'm trying to integrate some different activities into my workout routine.

Today's workout (17 of 25):

30 minutes on a bike trainer

It's a little harder for me to judge progress on this one, because I can only use time and my perceived exertion as my cues. Based on my heartbeat and the amount I sweat, I think I got a pretty good workout in!

I'll be rock climbing this evening. My arms (forearms especially) are still feeling Monday's climbs, so it should be interesting.