Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Inspiration for the 25-day Twitter Fitness Challenge

The idea for this challenge came this morning when I was sitting in my eye doctor's office waiting room. I came across this article. Measha Brueggergosman reportedly lost 150 pounds! In case you don't know, she's Canada's most famous opera star. We went to the same school in Fredericton. I never really knew her except that she was always that nice, bigger girl who sang like it was nobody's business. The photos in that Chatelaine article are the first I've seen of her in a while and she looks fantastic!! She says how she's discovered Bikram yoga and has become totally addicted. Then she did a 30-day challenge where she went to one 90-minute class a day for thirty days straight. She later doubled the number of classes in further 30-day challenges, but that's neither here nor there. The fact is these 30-day challenges sound like a damn good idea to kickstart our fitness routines. Seeing as how we're already a couple of days into January - 25 sounded like a nice number to get us going.

Dan already laid out the challenge. Work out, in any way you wish, 25 times from now until the end of January. You've got 29 days for this task. Figure out how you want to do it and just go ahead and DO IT!! I know I am.

This is going to be fun. Spread the word. Let's check in with each other here (and on Twitter) regularly. Good luck!!

2 comments:

thefitnessblog said...

Hey guys this is interesting, If you would like to send me over an email explaining what you are doing and a link so I can link back to you, I will get a post up on my fitness blog over at seeingdeeper.info/fitness

look forward to hearing from you

Justin

longbeachabman@yahoo.com

thefitnessblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.