Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday

I think Monday's are the toughest day. I didn't get much sleep last night, but I looked at the clock and though "1 more hour of sleep will do nothing for me." And I'm up.

My routine for going to the gym is waking up, twittering, watching the news and allowing my head to clear. So I get up with about an hour to spend waking up. Next I pack up my clothes for the day - don't forget the towel or clean boxers! - and do a quick inventory to make sure I can get dressed at the gym and head straight to work. By the time I get to the gym, I'm wide awake. Generally I give my Mom a call on the way and we try to fix the world. I work out at an Air Force base in Colorado Springs so it's a 20 minute drive.

I arrive at the gym and always unload all my clothes into my locker. I say my locker, but it's not, it's a daily use locker. However, I almost always use the same one. It's cool because I get to know a few gents I wouldn't otherwise know. One gentleman is about 70 years old. He retired from the Air Force and than retired again from the US Civil Service. This guy doesn't look a day over his late 50's, no fat on him to speak of, and the nicest man in the world! He always motivates me to keep working at getting and staying in shape. He could be sitting at home doing nothing, but he still sees the value in consistent workouts (that's our focus here, not being bodybuilders after all!).

So, I've OCD'd and put my clothes in the locker. Next I do whatever workout is in the works for the day. When I'm done, the reward: 15 minutes in the Sauna. I then shower and get ready for work, and finally head to work. I swear I feel the workout clear through lunch. My clothes are fitting much better and some are getting too loose! That's a great problem to have.

So, tell us some of your funny routine plus today's workout today below. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Dan Mosqueda

7 comments:

Suki Fuller said...

So this morning I got up with every intention of swimming because the great snow storm was meant to be here!! WRONG, there was barely a dusting, so I went for a 2 mile run. I am really starting to get back into running now. Thanks for inviting me!!

GoOrange said...

Workout 11 of 25

Weights: Squats, Romanian deadlifts, lunges, calf presses, twist crunches.

I still need to find a decent substitute for the days when I don't lift weights. The yoga was fun, but watching on TV limits the times when you can do it. I could order a DVD or something.

Ann said...

Tonight---near death aerobics in between work and teaching. I change in the gym, work out and head back to my office. So people see me walking around in my workout clothes so I can get my heartbeat back to semi-normal. Like Superman I slip into my office and emerge to teach my 6:00 class.

It's going to be an interesting semester... :o)

Tracy Lee said...

Well, I thought it was going to be a lazy snow day, but with snow comes snow removal. Shoveling and fighting with the snow blower is an exercise all its own. In the evening, I took the two kids up to the slopes and we got in two hours of night skiing in some pretty great powder! It was so much fun, even taking the nose slide, well aside from the pain of it and the cold snow smashed in my face. It was quite the workout. (I hadn't realized how sore my thighs still were from yesterday.)

dcm said...

My workout for Monday:

Run
Lat Pulldown
Incline Press

a light workout, but only because I had to take a call from my sister, which slowed me down from starting. But I figured if she called that early, it must be important than it was. And it was!

Still had a good workout and felt for hours afterwards.

Brooke (Geokitten78) said...

Well, I took Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. I need to find a way to squeeze exercise in when I've got so much going on!

I knew if I didn't get back on the wagon, I would easily slip back into the habit of not working out.

So, Monday's workout was 45 min on the elliptical with interval training. According to the machine I went 4 miles (but I'm not sure how it calculates that) and burned 500 calories.

Wicked Stepmom said...

Replaced 2nd cup of coffee w/ green tea!

20 minutes treadmill.
50 wall pushups.